23 Things banner

23 Things banner
23 Things banner

Saturday 12 June 2010

Google calendar


The potential for the use of this tool in the library world is by far the most obvious to me so far. It opens up a whole plethora of opportunities for communicating with users. I feel by following the simple instructions provided by the Cam23 team (thank goodness for them) that I have just dipped my toe in the ocean and the potential for drowning in the technical side of things scares me. Connecting calendars with other calendars etc. all sounds a bit complicated to a novice like me. Still the instructions were easy to follow and I created a few events, two of which I've asked to be sent a reminder about so I wait with interest to see whether I have been successful in doing this and it actually happens - spot the slightly technophobic sceptic. How did I manage to get so far behind with all this technology? Still, hopefully redressing the problem by doing 23 things. The calendar was easy to set up and offered lots of sensible options for recurring events, events lasting a specified amount of time, all day or with no previously known fixed end and having it on my iGoogle page rather than having to bookmark it separately is a bonus. Reading the further reading also showed me how compatible and adaptable this tool really seems to be and for something that is free and easy to use that is saying a lot. Will have to try connecting with another calendar soon ...

No comments:

Post a Comment