23 Things banner

23 Things banner
23 Things banner

Saturday 12 June 2010

Doodle - not only a random sketch


Doodle! Mmm, interesting name and formerly known to me as a random scribble - something reportedly drawn in boring meetings from what I have heard - not guilty of this myself of course! Turns out it is actually quite a useful Web 2.0 tool though. Have now tried it out and was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was both to send out meeting invitations and to view results. Didn't have to register, provide more information than was required or any of that nonsense. Don't have a need to set up meetings in my current job though so my use is probably going to be limited in the foreseeable future - I think my friends may think me a bit strange if I tried to use Doodle to set up a social gathering! It may take off in this respect though! Still in terms of library work I can see the advantages particularly for trying to organise meetings between people in disparate locations. Am wondering what the optimum number of invites is though - not too many I suspect. Aside from needing to know too many email addresses one wouldn't want to have to scroll down pages of results to find the most convenient time. Is it possible to send a Doodle request to a list (like users@lib.ac.uk)? Is there a case for this for setting up user education etc.? As one blogger pointed out several sessions could be set up at once in this way after all only those with the intention of attending would respond. Presumably all sessions stemming from one Doodle request would have to be on the same topic though?

No comments:

Post a Comment